links take you to websites outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs
control. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the
This area contains links to web sites and pages which may be of interest
to persons pursuing or contemplating pursuing an educational objective. Contact
the Education Service Webmaster if you know of other sites which may be helpful.
The information is divided into the following categories:
Certifying Official Links
State Veterans Benefits and Departments of Higher Education
- For information on state specific National Guard Programs click HERE (link takes you to the National Guard Recruiting Website, you can search your state for state specific benefits.)
- Many states offer services and benefits to veterans. To find out more about a particular state or territory, click HERE.
- The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs offers information that can be useful to many people.
Federal Government Web Sites
These sites are maintained by the U.S. Military and the Department of Homeland Security at the Department Level.
- Department of Defense -
Voluntary Education Program - This program provides off-duty
civilian high school, vocational-technical, undergraduate and graduate
educational opportunities to U.S. military personnel worldwide.
These services are provided through the respective Services and
their local education centers.
- Troops to Teachers Program -
This program is managed by the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Support
- U.S. Army - Department of the Army website.
- U.S. Air Force - Department of the Air Force website.
- U.S. Navy - Department of the Navy website.
- U. S. Marine Corps - U.S. Marine Corps website
- U. S. Coast Guard - U.S. Coast Guard website.
- Discharge Upgrade Information - Information on how to contact your service Board for Correction of Military Records to correct or update any information relating to your military service.
- Army/American Council on Education Registry
Transcript System (AARTS). - Get a transcript translating
your formal military education and job experience into civilian language,
also includes college equivalent credit recommendations.
- www.guardfamily.org - The National
Guard Family Program's Online Community website. Its mission is to bring
information and resources to Guard families, community members, commanders,
and staff within the Family Program. The website provides information about
benefits and support services and tips for dealing with deployment. This
is a government site and is sponsored by the National Guard Family Program.
- Community College of the Air Force - CCAF: The foremost occupational education institution -- preparing the world's best expeditionary-minded air, space and cyberspace enlisted leaders.
Miscellaneous & Employment
Student Veterans of America - An organization dedicated to creating an environment that fosters a smooth transition into institutions of higher education for student veterans while maintaining an open and progressive dialogue among student veterans nationwide and their counterparts in their respective educational institutions.
Council on Education - ACE evaluation teams provide clear guidelines
to interpret and recommend credit for formal service-school courses,
demonstrated proficiency in military occupations, and college-level tests.
- Graduate Record Examinations -
This site is the Graduate Record Exam Online. Topics include Financial Aid,
Sample Test Questions, Practice And Reference Materials, and other related
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
(CHEA) -The CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs Accredited
by Recognized United States Accrediting Organizations provides the
largest and most comprehensive Web-based listing of accredited institutions
and programs in the U.S. The database is maintained on the CHEA Website
and updated regularly.
Users of the database can easily find whether an institution or program is
accredited, the organization that has awarded the accreditation, and where
the institution or program is located. For more detailed information, links
to all institutions, programs and accrediting organizations are provided
as well. NOTE: VA approval should NOT be inferred just because a
program or institution is on this listing.
- America's Job Bank -
Connecting People & Jobs Nationwide. Post your resume to reach employers
- America's Career Info Net -
Information source for Career Decisions, National and state-by-state
labor market data. Employment trends, wages and more.
- College Navigator - This website from the U.S. Department of Education
helps you find a college that fits your needs. It contains detailed information on public and private colleges throughout the nation.
- VA Guard & Reserve Page - This
website shows all the benefits VA offers to National Guard and Reserve members.