Under the Post 9/11 GI Bill you may receive:
- a tuition & fees payment (paid directly to the school) not to exceed the tuition & fees at the most expensive state Institution of Higher Learning (IHL)
For a listing of the maximum tuition & fees for each state click here
- a monthly housing allowance based on the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. This amount is based on the ZIP code of the location of the school you are attending. For those attending foreign schools (schools without a main campus in the U.S.) the BAH rate is fixed at $1,333.00 for 2009.
To determine the BAH for your ZIP code click here (link goes to a non-VA website)
- an annual book stipend of $1,000 paid proportionately based on enrollment
- you may also receive a one-time rural benefit payment of $500.00 if you reside in a county with 6 persons or less per square mile (as determined by the most recent decennial census) and:
- either physically relocate at least 500 miles to attend an educational institution or
- travel by air to physically attend an educational institution if no other land-based transportation exists
For payment information on all other GI Bill programs click here.